Summer 2020 Workshops
Somatic Practice for Artists (Monday June 8, 2020)
Facilitated by Lee Fogel, The Visioning Body
- Connect with your body to support emotional well-being and clarity through all your badass work!
- Learn to sustain your energy by following your body's needs and timing
- Organically awaken to your creativity and visions by listening to your body and heightening sensory awareness
Community Conversation: Funding Your Art During Pandemic Times (Monday June 29, 2020)
Facilitated by Brittany Campese
- It's a different world out there. Let's gather to talk about strategies for funding your art through the coming months.
Website Design Basics (Thursday July 23, 2020)
Facilitated by Rana Fayez
-Learn about different software and platforms you can use to design and host your website
-Plan the basic building blocks of your website
-Look at other artist websites to learn what aesthetic appeals to you
Creating an Artist Statement (Monday August 10, 2020)
Facilitated by Michele Kishita
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and potential threats of a new project
- Think through the components of your project and its goals
- Hone in on the details of your program or project and begin a draft project plan
“Thanks for having these sessions. I have been retired for five years, ...and these sessions are bringing me back to my GAME."
I made a budget for this grant using the template and realized how incredibly useful the workshop I attended was! It made creating this program budget a breeze and I really felt like I understood how to do it to tell the story we were trying to convey in the grant. So YAY Culture Works workshops!
- Cara, "Creating a Project Budget" Workshop Attendee